Saturday, May 25, 2013

Gift ideas for my boyfriends 21st birthday?

Q. I have no clue what to get him, he's hard to shop for and has pretty much everything. Any ideas?

A. There are a lot of fun places to shop online... Think Geek has always been one of my favorites when it comes to buying gift for my husband.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/

Another place I look is on http://www.perpetualkid.com

I also like looking on Etsy-- Just search for some of his interests and you can find some fun stuff.


One year when my husband and I were still dating I bought us matching Nerf guns... we usually buy two a year to add to our collection and its become a fun tradition for us. :) Its fun to surprise him when he gets home by shooting him with a dart, lol.

I love making gift baskets and setting themes for them-- you could use one of his favorite shows as a theme. Or even like a Nerf gun theme.

Have fun and be creative :)


What are some good ideas of things to send to my fiance in Iraq?
Q. My fiance was deployed a while ago, I sent him a package with an auto magazine, photo album, some fruit snacks, hand sanitizer.. a few other odds and ends. Does anyone have any good ideas of things to send? Or things that would be useful? I sent him the build a bear with voice recording a couple months ago, and an Easter basket with candy and fun things.. Any other ideas!? Thank you so much for your feedback!

A. I send a package to my husband like every two weeks also when he deploys. I also have an 11 page attachment if you would like it that have different themed care packages that i have put together through hubby's deployments. These theme care packages make it a little more fun to shop for when you have a certain theme in mind. I have used many of them and then you can just talior it to your fiance. Here are some other sites:
http://www.4militaryfamilies.com/articles/carepackages.htm
http://www.militarycarepackageideas.org/
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art27764.asp
http://www.girlposse.com/talk_talk_talk/themed_care_packages_0605.html
http://www.getromantic.com/gift_guide/gift_ideas/romantic_care_packages.html
http://www.militarywives.com/index.php/component/option,com_content/task,section/id,8/Itemid,55/
http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=CarePackageBio&MsdVisit=1
http://www.janellsretreat.com/carepackagethemes.html
http://www.cafepress.com/silentranksshop/2000833

Some things I sent hubby:
-summertime I sent a "Summer Fun Box", beach balls, frisbee, stick to door basketball hoop, nerf balls, etc.,
-things and snacks that i knew he would like. I also sent him things that his friends liked to because they didn't get much.
-cd's of his favorite music
-lots of cards and letters
-I also sent him a box full of unused cards such as thinking of you, Christmas Cards, Birthday Cards, Miss you cards, etc., that he could send back home to family and friends. It is hard to find cards there.
-I sent him Cake in A Jar
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1096421/how_to_bake_cake_in_a_jar.html?cat=22
-Sent him themed Care Packages (some can be as cute as you want and some can be as adult as you make it). One time I took a picture of our front door closed from the outside. Then a picture of the front door open and a picture of the floor. Then a picture of my shirt on the floor, then a picture of my shoes on the floor, then my socks on the floor, then my pants on the floor, then took a picture of my bra on the floor, then I took a picture of my undies on the floor, then I took a picture of our bedroom, then I took a picture of just the bed. Then put a little note that said wish you were here, miss you in my bed. Something like that. Remember though to take the pictures while making your way to the bedroom with the stuff on the floor so it looks like you are dropping your colthes on the way to the bedroom.
-Another thing you can do: buy a new pillowcase. Every night before you go to bed, take a shower but leave your hair a little damp before getting into bed. After a week, the pillowcase will smell like you. Package this up in a ziploc baggie and send a note with it "Something to remind you of me".
-Write in a journal. I sent this to hubby after every 2-3 months. Of course he still got plently of cards and letters but the journal was more thoughtful and more personal. I would write in it right before I went to bed. I wrote everything down, just like a regular journal. My feelings, what i did, what I ate, something that was funny to me that day, something that made me think of him that day, that I spoke to so and so, what the kids did, etc.,,. I then sent that to him. You know that sometimes we always don't get that long phone call or forget to tell them certain things by the time we do talk to them. Or letters that we don't want to make to long because we don't have the time. Hubby loved this because he said it still made him feel close to me and the kids even though he was gone for a year.
-Send him a photo album. Include pictures of his family, your family (as long as he likes them), kids, you, friends, his favorite car, his favorite boat, his favorite place to eat, his favorite place to visit, etc., I sent something like this to him and included letters from friends and family. I also put together a photo album every 4 months for him of things the girls and I did.
-Does he need anything for his room: storage containers, shelves, blankets, new sheets, pillows, footlockers (you know those rectangle black ones), a clock, picture frames, towels, washclothes, shower curtains (you would be surpised how yucky the ones they are using are), a foldable chair, a small table, paper plates, cups, silverware, etc.,
-Indivdually wrapped goodies and snacks. This way they stay fresher. this also includes the drink mixes that can be added to water.
-If he has access to a microwave, some microwave treats
-slippers, robe

Hope all is well and that some of these sites are useful. Good luck and have fun.


What should I gift to my grandmother on her birthday?
Q. Well, I want suggestions in Pakistani style so please give me an Idea. She already had stuff like Purse, Clothes, Sandles and other stuff. I dont want to gift some thing special so give a cheap and easy Idea that I can purchase shortly from Market. Dont include edible stuff in answer. She has books too.

A. I think a personalized design portrait is the best gift in this moment. Last month is our 4th wedding anniversary; my husband brought me a portrait with a sentence " Stand by you in the life". It is very touching and memorable to me since it recalled me so much our bittersweet moment in our life. You just simply select the best picture; the words you want to say and the artist will design everything to you. It is very special and unique because they combine graphic design in your portrait, so it completely different from other service just prints your photo on canvas or puzzle. Also, you can choose to print on a card, canvas or wood puzzle. I think it is pretty Cool thing. And all of process is hand-made. I Believe it will be the best precious possession if she receives it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment